Ny's Reviews > Storybound

Jan 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-release
Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

Check out more review at http://msbookqueen.com

I liked the concept of this book but I feel like the writing style could have been a bit better. I loved the world building and the idea of a school where you go to learn to play a type of character. There seemed to be a lot of plot twists and action that made the story interesting. However, I failed to really get to know most of the characters. Even connecting with Una was a little difficult. Una is a very brave and young main character who has a few mysteries about her that reveal themselves in exciting ways. I think that it was hard to see many of Una's inner emotions which didn't make her seem real. Other than that I think there could have been a better description of the school and the people to make it more interesting. The story itself was good and the action itself picks up by the end of the book. There is a slight cliffhanger at the end so it will be interesting to read the next novel when it comes out. I recommend this novel to those who like fantasy and magical adventure novels.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storybound.