Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)'s Reviews > A Heritage of Death

A Heritage of Death by Alexa Padgett

This is the first book by Alexa Padgett that I've read and it definatley wont be my last. Although I haven't read the first book in the series it doesn't really matter as they can be read as standalone. But saying that after reading this book, I am definatley going to go back and read book 1.
I loved Cici, I thought maybe being a Reverend we wouldn't be able to relate to her. But that wasn't the case at all. I loved her character, I loved that she still kept the things that she loved in life even if she was a Reverend.
The author did a great job of feeding us little bits of information, while keeping us on the edge of our seat, and also without giving too much away and ruining the story straight away.
I did guess who the 'baddie' was towards the end but it didn't ruin my enjoyed of the book.
The story had a interesting plot with the people being killed and the reasoning behind it. I loved the police side of the story and you can tell the author had done her research. The connection to the dead that CiCi had was really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. It was a nice twist on a murder mystery story. It gave the story an edge.
The author's writing is easy to read and pulls you into the story from page 1. The descriptions were well written and detailed and they gave you the image in your head to image you were there.
I am definatley going to carry on with this series. After the snippet we had of the next book, I need to see where CiCi has ended up and what trouble she has found this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Heritage of Death.

October 30, 2018 – Started Reading