Hollis 's Reviews > Sixth Grave on the Edge

Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones

Welp, that's two books back to back with very cliffhanger-like endings and I suppose if I wasn't already committed to reading these that alone would keep me coming back to this series. Because that brief reprieve I had with book five was not present here.

Look. Charley has ADD, a ridiculous coffee obsession, is full of inappropriate humour, and all sorts of whacky personality traits. We know this, we've learned to mostly accept (though not necessarily like) this. But it seemed turned wayyyy up to fifteen (it was already at eleven) for this instalment and I was not here for it.

Additionally everything we thought we learned in the previous book is like.. not necessarily accurate? Or a misunderstanding and now we're kinda starting from scratch? I appreciate the 'haha got you' element to plot twists because when you're at book six of thirteen you know there's lots still to come. But maybe I'm only into that when I'm actually, y'know, enjoying things. Hard to say.

SIXTH GRAVE ON THE EDGE was filled with so much extraneous nonsense that I was completely unimpressed by but at the same time this was the most emotional read of the series so far. Those elements had nothing to do with Charley & co, not really, but they were still rather gutwrenching. This author can definitely write. I just wish I liked more of it.

Anyway, I'm not entirely surprised by the big whoopsie at the end of this one because the thought had actually crossed my mind so I guess we'll see where this new twist takes us. Book seven here we go.

** I received an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher (thank you!) in exchange for an honest review. **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixth Grave on the Edge.

October 30, 2018 – Shelved
November 18, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
November 18, 2018 – Shelved as: sexytimes
November 18, 2018 – Shelved as: urban-f
November 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Moony (new)

Moony Eliver OMG your patience with this series is unparalleled. And there are still so many more! 😫

Hollis Moony wrote: "OMG your patience with this series is unparalleled. And there are still so many more! 😫"

there is going to be a major break in my future. I have one more to go that demands reviews, the rest are up to me, I guess? haha.

message 3: by Moony (new)

Moony Eliver Hmmmm I guess we'll see how committed you are to completionism... 😁