FV Angela's Reviews > Captive Desire

Captive Desire by Robin Lovett

bookshelves: science-fiction, read-in-2018, reviewed-for-smexy

Review originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2018/11/angelas...

Favorite Quote:

She is everything. She is all there is. Her body is my universe. For now.

I’ve been reading quite a bit of fantasy/urban fantasy/science fiction romance lately. This might sound weird, but when I feel like everything is a total dumpster fire I want stories that completely sweep me away to another world.

Captive Desire is the second book in a series set on a planet where the very atmosphere is an aphrodisiac. The hero is a Ssedez General named Gahnin, who has remained celibate since losing his mate in the war with the humans almost a hundred years ago. His people tend to be very long lived and remain in mourning for at least two hundred years. To form an attachment with another too soon is to disrespect his deceased mate. When he is tasked by his commander with caring for a human rebel who stumbles into the main camp suffering from extreme pheromone poisoning, he knows despite her status as his enemy he must service her needs.

Assura is more than the average human ship mate. She was also the main enforcer and torturer for the Ten Systems leader who helped slaughter the Ssedez and drive them from their home world. When she is rescued, nearly out of her mind with lust and in pain from masturbating, she is taken to an infirmary run by the Fellamana, who are the native inhabitants of the planet. Gahnin gives her release from her lust and she falls into a peaceful sleep. When she awakens her first reaction is panic and distrust and to battle her way out of the closed room. What she doesn’t realize its that violence is against the law. No biggie though, their punishment ends up being a entry into the sex games where they end up being the star attraction. They put on quite a show and are rewarded with their freedom.

HOLY SMOKES THIS BOOK IS SEXTASTICLY HOT.

Assura and Gahnin have sex a lot. A lot, lot. In every possible position. With people watching, without people watching, bent over railings, tied up, tied down, half dressed, undressed, half delirious with pheromone poisoning, if you can think it… it probably happened. And there was always consent between them. There might have been some dirty looks afterward and two people trying to convince themselves they only did it for the relief, because after all this is an enemies to lovers romance, but there was always consent and I LOVED IT.

BUT WAIT, there’s more!!! There is a subplot involving that Ten Systems commander I mentioned earlier and I won’t give spoilers, but it did help me understand Assura better and led to some pretty hot sexy times and helped our couple finally accept their HEA together.

This was good stuff and I thoroughly enjoyed. I can’t wait for book 3.

Final Grade- B+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Desire.

October 30, 2018 – Shelved