Melissa's Reviews > The Beautiful Strangers

The Beautiful Strangers by Camille Di Maio

I have been a fan of Camille DiMaio's books ever since I picked up The Memory of Us. With The Beautiful Strangers, she shows once again what a skilled writer she truly is. While this novel has a lighter feel than her previous three (with a sprinkling of sad scenes), it's still compelling and there's even a mystery involved.

I really enjoyed the visualizations, as well as the relationships between the characters. I even learned some new things about film making. I had no idea where the story was going to end up and was pleasantly surprised. I was hoping that Kate would have an interaction with the ghost, but maybe that wouldn't have been realistic in the grand scheme of things.

Overall, I couldn't put this book down and wanted to know what was going to happen next. It also made me want to watch Some Like it Hot. This novel is perfect for fans of Susan Meissner's books.

Since this book is all about making a movie, it wouldn't be complete without a movie cast of its own! Hollywood, in case you're looking for ideas, please take these into consideration:
Kate (1958): Samantha Isler
Kate (1892): Haley Ramm
Sean: Rarmian Newton
Janie: Katherine Langford
Marilyn: Jessica Amlee

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beautiful Strangers.

October 30, 2018 – Started Reading
November 2, 2018 –
November 5, 2018 –
November 7, 2018 –
November 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Lloyd (new) - added it

Lloyd Russell I will DEFINITELY be reading this one. Good review.

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "I will DEFINITELY be reading this one. Good review."

I wasn't worried. ;) Thanks!