Morgan Sheppard's Reviews > Haven Lost

Haven Lost by Josh de Lioncourt

bookshelves: epic, fantasy, young_adult

Haven Lost is the first book in The Dragon's Brood Cycle, and we start off with sixteen-year-old Emily playing a game of ice hockey. Things don't go quite the way she expected, which shakes her belief in herself and her knowing. That night, Emily is taken from the world she knows, and wakes up to a whole new world. One where she has to learn the rules, and figure out just who she can trust.

This was such a great story! All the characters are believable and have their own quirks and foibles, although I will admit to Emily and Corbmacc being favourites of mine. This story has great world-building, with questions raised over just how 'good' each side is, and whether you can rely on someone else's words. This is the kind of book where you reach the end and immediately want to start the next one - which is what I will be doing very soon.

With no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, I thoroughly enjoyed losing myself in this book, and have no hesitation in HIGHLY recommending it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven Lost.

October 29, 2018 – Started Reading