Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*'s Reviews > To the Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure

To the Moon and Back by Buzz Aldrin

19521241

bookshelves: elementary, essential, gift, non-fiction, optional, popup-lift

To The Moon and Back: My Apollo 11 Adventure: A Pop-Up Book by Buzz Aldrin with Marianne J. Dyson. National Geographic, 2018. $32. 9781426332494

BUYING ADVISORY: GIFT - ESSENTIAL; EL - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Buzz Aldrin and friends have put together a fascinating interactive book about the Apollo 11 mission that finally got men to land and walk on the moon. While Armstrong is the most famous (we do love our “firsts” don’t we?), Aldrin, and their crewmate Collins were with him every step of that dangerous journey.

The text feels just right – any space hungry child will feel like they know enough from the reading. The pop-ups are spectacular! Of course I would be worried about this in a school setting – circulating it would be nail-biting. But if you have a class that talks about going to space and the moon, it would be great as a supplement. It also includes a 3-D model of the Lunar Module for assembly.

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Moon and Back.

Started Reading