Dolly's Reviews > The Wedding Gift

The Wedding Gift by Kathleen McKenna

Jan 07, 2012

Read in January, 2012

I read this whole book, LOVING IT, thinking I found it on the NY Times best seller list, but it turns out I was mistaken and it is pretty obscure. This is awesome because I found the first of what should become the next Twilight phenomenon. Pure entertainment, guilty pleasure read. A great book to get with which to get on the tread mill. You will slow to a walk and go 12 miles without noticing the time. I ADORED this book. The lead character is reprehensible, almost impossible to like in the beginning, but by the end I knew I would miss her dearly. I LOVED being introduced to the characters. I've never known any like them in life but I KNOW they exist. Reading this book made me feel a part of a community where it is a testament to your character if you were born locally. The whole book was just a wonderful ride. Awesome characterization...I don't remember a book where I had a more clear picture of each character, and the fact that they could be so beautifully described through the mind of a teenage tarty pants was mind-blowing. I adored knowing these characters, every last one of them were well-written and interesting. To top it off it told an amazing mysterious ghost story with a thoroughly satisfying yet unexpected ending. Ugh...it was just SO GOOD! This is my favorite book. HIGHLY recommend. Pages appear to be laced with the same highly addictive illegal substance the Twilight Series was laced with...with more artistic nuances and reminiscent of a classic Bronte with a lot of modern-day smut. The book has VERY racy content, rated R and not for the faint of heart. This book is for you if you wish to be wholly entertained. Escape reading. I wouldn't expect to find any great insights or messages. Just a really good brain massage. :)

LOVED THIS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Gift.