Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > The Nanny Song

The Nanny Song by Misty Mount

bookshelves: top-reads

The Nanny Song is full of beauty and emotion. It's Nanny McPhee meets Hallmark. Anyone who loves a well developed, feel good story, will not be able to put this one down!

Oh my stars, I loved this book! The Nanny Song was everything I hoped it would be, and then some! It was captivating and emotional and felt like the perfect Hallmark movie!

Misty performed magic with this one. Not only was the story moving and very well written, but the characters were gripping and so realistic! She must have done an insane amount of research to show and connect the mis-behaviors of Meela and Kason to their emotional life experiences in losing their mother and living with a workaholic father.

I became so attached to these two beautiful children, and I have never been a "kid person." My heart broke for them and I wanted for things to be happy for them again. I loved Meela and her spunkiness, and I loved Kason and his protectiveness of his sister, and his sensitivity.

But, it wasn't just the children I became attached to. I absolutely adored Mallory and her big heart! I loved how she touched the lives of the kids, and Brendan. And, I loved how realistic Brendan felt in wanting to work to provide for his family, but also having that deep emotional side that he was almost too afraid to show anyone.

The Nanny Song touched on issues of loss, fear, bullying, and finding love again. It was incredibly powerful and gave me all the feels. It was absolutely breathtaking and I wish this had been picked up for a Hallmark movie, because it really came to life for me as I read it! It was one of my top reads for the year and gets all the stars (or mermaids) from me!

Halloween Rating 5

Thank you to the Reads & Reels and the author for providing me with this free e-copy in exchange for my honest review, and as part of the blog tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nanny Song.

October 29, 2018 – Started Reading