Kelshei's Reviews > Bloodrush

Bloodrush by Ben Galley

liked it

When young Tonmerion Hark’s father is found dead, Tonmerion believes that his life cannot possibly get worse; he is wrong. Sent to the wilds of Wyoming, to live with an aunt that he has never met, thirteen year-old Merion soon discovers that there is a whole world beyond the gates of his father’s estate. Set in an alternative world of faeries, magick, and things that go bump in the night, Bloodrush is a novel that is slow to build but, once it builds momentum, it is difficult to put down. It took me a long time to get into the book because the format of the novel is that each chapter begins with a diary entry, and the entries are a bit confusing until you get about 2/3 through the book. Additionally, because it is set in a world that is like, but is not, our own, I had to suspend my disbelief to a certain extent, and that was difficult at times. Now that I’m through this book, however, I’m interested to re-read it and see if it flows a bit more smoothly. I am also very interested to see what happens in the other books in the trilogy and am very grateful to the author for not leaving us in a cliffhanger! While there is some gruesome action, the book is appropriate for mature readers 16+.

Reviewed by HR Duby for Romance Authors that Rock

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodrush.

October 25, 2018 – Started Reading