Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Wicked Whiskey Love

Wicked Whiskey Love by Melissa Foster

I have much, much love for the men in the Whiskey family. Not a one of them are bad eggs, some may just be a little less tamed so watching them falling in love one by one has been a joy. I'm oh so happy to have Bones' story. Early on we get this statement “I think you can tell more about a man by the way he treats other people’s children.” and it sets the tone to just the kind of man Dr. Wayne "Bones" Whiskey is. There's just something about the Whiskey men and children that warms the soul and makes my heart pitter patter. This story focuses on new to Peaceful Harbor Sarah Beckly, her children and their growing connection with Bones. It's absolutely a feel good story about family and a slow-burn friends to lovers tale.

Sarah, her children Bradley and Lila and her brother Scott and pulled into the Whiskey family fold when they are rescued from a burning car. Over the course of the story we learn about their upbringing in a family prone to abuse an their subsequent escape. But the heart of the story is in the rebuilding of Sarah and her lives, and how the Whiskey family influences them, especially how Bones becomes their champion and how they create a wonderful family. Challenged by her past, Sarah puts up roadblocks but Bones is such a AMAZING man and accepts her regardless, really he never see's a problem, and if that isn't the foundation of true love (unconditional) then what is?

This a swoony read filled with the voices of the "Whiskey" children that will warm your soul. The story of acceptance and strength, and the bonds of family. Yet another wonderful contribution by Melissa Foster to her Whiskey series that captured my heart.

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Whiskey Love.

October 29, 2018 – Started Reading