tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > If the wind were colored

If the wind were colored by Nathan A. Long

liked it
bookshelves: literature

1 or 2 pp stories seemingly autobiographical.

"After the invention of water, but before we had discovered the well, I, then small, lived in a house of wood, earth, and horses hair. We brought water in from a stream through little pipes my father and I had buried one summer. I thought we were hiding them from birds who might mistake them for worms or snakes, and snap them with their beaks."

Yet-another bk by yet-another friend I've lost contact w/. All my memories of Nathan are positive: he was usually friendly & charming, generally good-natured. He helped me shoot a film & did a good job. He moved from Baltimore (where I knew him) to Pittsburgh to teach here (where I am now). Influenced by the idea of Monty Cantsin & collectively used names, for his 1st day of teaching he had someone else teach the class as "Nathan Long". For the next meeting of the class, he had someone else teach the class as "Nathan Long". For the 3rd class, he taught it as "Nathan Long". By then, they didn't believe that he was REALLY Nathan Long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If the wind were colored.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Bhante (new) - added it

Bhante Ven Nathan, Jan.... whatever.... if you see this.. I send you thoughts of unconditional love and well wishing. I'm in Singapore. Its Phra Rob. you can email me at venrakkhita@gmail.com sending you love. Don't give up.