Jennifer's Reviews > Darkness Fair

Darkness Fair by Rachel A. Marks

it was ok
bookshelves: november-reads, challenge, imagine-that

Aiden's main goal is to figure out how to save his sister Ava. Currently, she is in a state of suspended death in a cave near a gateway to hell. Aiden keeps getting distracted - he is roped into a few more jobs with LA Paranormal Investigations, Kara starts to bleed from her eyes, then Rebecca comes to the house needing a place to stay, oh and he accidentally resurrects his dead father. (view spoiler) Now the battle between good/evil, darkness & Light reaches a new level.

I was hoping that this 2nd book in the series would be more straightforward since the world building was essentially done. I was wrong. The plot still bounced around a bit which was disorienting. I am absolutely disgusted with the romance plotline - it has made me turn anti-Aiden and I've always been anti-Kara. Thankfully, this book included Rebecca's POV; it saved the book for me. I was actually considering not reading the next installment until I read the synopsis for book 3 and it seems Rebecca plays an important role. Please let her POV be primary because I'm sick of Aiden.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Fair.

October 29, 2018 – Shelved