Melisa's Reviews > One Day in December

One Day in December by Josie Silver

The short and sweet version: this was my favorite book of the year, everyone should read it, and it needs to be made into a movie now if not sooner!

This is romance done perfectly, yet it’s more than romance - it’s about love and relationships and life and mistakes and forgiveness. So much in one book, wrapped up in a perfect bow that starts on that one day in December.

Spanning over several years, this books takes you through the journey of Lu’s life as she’s coming of age after university.

I can honestly say this is the most wonderful, funny, delightful trip full of ups and downs and rights and wrongs and love and pain that I’ve read in quite some time.

Ms. Silver, you have a forever fan.

5 magical, beautiful, lovely stars!

This was a @6bookbesties read, be sure to check out reviews from Mackenzie, Kendall, Holly, Jennifer and Berit! And a huge thank you to Jennifer who included us in her book club from the publisher - I will cherish this book forever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day in December.

October 29, 2018 – Shelved
October 29, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 12, 2018 – Started Reading
November 12, 2018 –
page 30
7.21% "How many books can a reader read at one time?🤗"
November 19, 2018 –
page 211
November 19, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Brodehl I’m so excited for this one!! I’m saving it for December😍.

Holly  B Yay, a forever fan! Great review Melisa!!

Susanne Strong Fabulous review Melisa!!! So so happy to see you loved this! We have it coming up and are very excited!

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Wonderful review Melisa! Glad you all enjoyed! Yes Susanne and I are anxious to get started on this one!!

message 5: by KAS (new) - rated it 5 stars

KAS Love your review, Melisa, and how much you completely enjoyed this read ;) I am excited to get to this one!! ❤️

Katie B So glad you loved this one too!

Melisa Jen wrote: "I’m so excited for this one!! I’m saving it for December😍."

Ah so perfect!!! Enjoy, I wish I could read it for the first time again!

Melisa Holly wrote: "Yay, a forever fan! Great review Melisa!!"

Loved reading with you!

Melisa Susanne wrote: "Fabulous review Melisa!!! So so happy to see you loved this! We have it coming up and are very excited!"

I cannot wait to hear what you and Kace will think! I hope you both love it as much as I did💙

Melisa Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review Melisa! Glad you all enjoyed! Yes Susanne and I are anxious to get started on this one!!"

I really really hope you and Sus love it too!!!

Melisa KAS wrote: "Love your review, Melisa, and how much you completely enjoyed this read ;) I am excited to get to this one!! ❤️"

Thanks so much, excited for you to read it too!

Melisa Katie wrote: "So glad you loved this one too!"

Soooooo good🙌🙌🙌

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader This review is perfection! It makes me so happy that you loved this book and that it’s one you will treasure. I know I will, too, along with the experience of reading this with you and the group. ♥️

Brandice Glad you loved it, Melisa! I can’t wait to read this one soon! :)

message 15: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Lovely review, Melisa 💖

message 16: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Mcnicol Love the review, it makes me really want to read it now!

Kendall Lovely review!!! This was such a wonderful read!!

message 18: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Great review, Melisa! Glad you had fun!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Glad you enjoyed too Melis! ❤️

Melisa Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "This review is perfection! It makes me so happy that you loved this book and that it’s one you will treasure. I know I will, too, along with the experience of reading this with you and the group. ♥️"

This makes me so happy💙 thank you again for including me on this great read!

Melisa Brandice wrote: "Glad you loved it, Melisa! I can’t wait to read this one soon! :)"

I can’t wait to hear what you think!

Melisa Felicia wrote: "Lovely review, Melisa 💖"

Thank you, Felicia!

Melisa Karen wrote: "Love the review, it makes me really want to read it now!"

I’m glad I could make you want to read it, I hope you will love it too!

Melisa Kendall wrote: "Lovely review!!! This was such a wonderful read!!"

Agree!!🙌🙌🙌

Melisa Nazanin wrote: "Great review, Melisa! Glad you had fun!"

Thanks, Nazanin!

Melisa Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Glad you enjoyed too Melis! ❤️"

Glad you enjoyed it too, Linds!

DeAnn I agree Melisa, everyone should read this one.