Paul's Reviews > Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

liked it
bookshelves: read_all2019, read_libraryaudiobook2019, read_nonfiction2019

Well, I didn't really know a whole lot about this book before I started reading it. I assumed because of its short length that it was a lamen's take on astrophysics but you really needed to already be familiar with astrophysics to get everything out of it. I'm not a huge science reader and I struggled at times to listen to the audiobook. It worked much better when I could give my entire attention to the audiobook and realize that it was just Tyson talking about his love for the discipline. If I want to understand every single thing about astrophysics I'll probably pick up a kid's book. Basically, this book is Tyson saying, "Look at all this cool stuff with astrophysics, and you should research this stuff more because it is super amazing." I like Tyson, he is doing a lot for the educational development of science at the moment, but sometimes his attitude comes across confrontational towards those that disagree with him. It is probably because he gets a lot of hate from specific groups of unbelievers, and he gets frustrated that the policies made are sometimes against the proliferation of science, but he did come across a bit harshly at times in this book. Anyway, a good book, I wasn't quite ready for it, I learned a few things, and I need to pay attention to scientific advancements more closely.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.

October 28, 2018 – Shelved