Julie's Reviews > Gothic Spring

Gothic Spring by Caroline     Miller

Brief overview: Gothic Spring is a journey into a mind that is unraveling. Victorine is a young woman poised at the edge of sexual awakening, and cursed with more talent and imagination than society will tolerate. The conflict between her desire and the restrictions that rule her life lead to tragic circumstances.

My review: I found this to be a very well written novel. This was one of those books that I was able to totally absorb myself into and feel all of the emotions that each of the characters felt. Just when I thought that I knew the characters, the author would bring out an unexpected side to each of them. I could totally relate to the love/hate relationships. There were so many twists and turns in this story that I could have never predicted, and the ending definitely threw me off guard! Although there are forbidden and complicated romantic ties involved, this isn't your typical mushy romance. The relationships are a necessary part of setting the stage for the reader to expect the unexpected. I would recommend this book to most readers, especially those who are looking for something different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gothic Spring.

January 6, 2012 – Shelved