Sandy Williams's Reviews > Aftermath

Aftermath by Ann Aguirre

Jan 06, 2012

bookshelves: science-fiction
Read from January 06 to February 28, 2012

Probably 3.5 stars because I missed March. I have to say, though, Ann Aguirre knows how to make her characters (and readers!) suffer. This was a painful book from the first chapter.

This remains one of my favorite series. I hope Jax gets her happy ending in the next book, but I hope it doesn't come after eight more years! I want to hook March up with some nanites so they can slowly grow old together!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftermath.

01/06
2.0% "This is one of my absolute favorite series, but I've been putting off reading this book ever since it came out because I was afraid it would hurt too much to read it. I was right. Not even 2% into it & it already hurts! So sad. I'm ready for Jax and March to have their happy ending! (It better be a HAPPY one!!!!!!!!!!!)"
02/09
47.0% "The babies are teething, so I've been stuck in the recliner with one or both pretty often the last week. Positive side effect: I started reading this again on my iPhone! I don't quite feel like I've reached the crux of the story yet."
04/23 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Jamie Oh, geese. This book was so good, and it just about killed me ;-) I can't wait until Endgame is out!

Christen (GoldiloxReads and Whimsify) Ack! Jamie - I haven't read on in this darn series yet! Sandy...apparently this series is ridiculous and everyone in the world must read it (according to Jamie...).
P.S. - I think we both also feel the same way about TSR as well!

Jamie We definitely feel the same way about TSR :) And yes - everyone in the world should read this book and share in my torture ;-)

I'm so glad to see you're a March supporter, Sandy! Like I said - this book killed me!

message 4: by Soo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Soo This book was an emotional roller coaster but a good ride. Great setup for the next book.

Sandy Williams I agree -everyone in the world must read it! It's that good. TSR doesn't even compare, IMO. lol

@Jamie I love March sooo much! So now, I'm REALLY afraid to read on. Does it at least end well? Where I won't be going crazy, waiting for the next book? I think the next one is the last one, right? Maybe it will be HAPPY!

message 6: by Jamie (last edited Jan 07, 2012 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie I wish I could tell you that, but then I would be lying :( You will be going crazy for the next one if you're a fan of March. I love March - he's one of my most favorite heroes- and am crossing my fingers for happiness at the end of Endgame! I love those dark and tortured souls;-) I'm not a crier, but I was pretty close at the end of Aftermanth.

And BTW, Aren's pretty swoon-worthy himself!

message 7: by Soo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Soo I believe Endgame is the last one. I sort of hope not! There's so much that can be explored with Jax. The what ifs are ambiguous with March. I thought Aftermath has lots of topsy-turvy moments with a large dose of personal growth for Jax. Leaves you wanting to know what's going to happen. ;)

Sunny I was emotionally spent after reading Aftermath. Ann Aguirre has a little teaser on her site on the Endgame...Part of it takes place in La'heng. It is satisfying how Aguirre is following through with Jax.