Paul Hankins's Reviews > Sway

Sway by Amber McRee Turner

We'll have more to say about SWAY as the May 2012 release date approaches.

In the mean time, if you have trusted my recommendations in the past, go ahead and put SWAY in your TBR piles.

Get ready for the best cross-country trip your heart will ever take by way of RV.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sway.

January 6, 2012 – Started Reading
January 6, 2012 – Shelved
page 64
20.0% "Chapter 7 is that heart-breaking stuff of MG literature that will remind readers of the heart-breaking stuff from Snyder's BIGGER THAN A BREADBOX. . .and it's still just as heartbreaking. Turner's writing is like poetry as this chapter wraps up. I'm really liking SWAY."
page 64
20.0% ""Compassion comes with a compass in it right there. Shouldn't compassion already lead you in the right direction then?" Syd from Turner's SWAY."
page 115
35.94% "The Roast embarks upon its journey carrying Cass while playing Gordon Lightfoot, "Carefree highway. . .let me slip away. . .slip away on you. . ." I think this would make an excellent read-aloud if the music is playing in the background. I don't know that kids will get the Lightfoot reference, but this big reader loves it. And why not help this chapter really come to life? This is the good stuff of journey!"
page 210
65.63% "Finding out what is in a mysterious suitcase that is on board THE ROAST. Just loving this book."
January 8, 2012 – Shelved as: january-2012
January 8, 2012 – Shelved as: mr-hankins-says-don-t-miss
January 8, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult-loss-and-grief-healing
January 8, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Colby (new) - added it

Colby Sharp Thanks for the heads up on this one, Paul. I've seen Amber on Twitter, and was wondering what to expect from this one. Can't wait to check it out! (I have trusted your recommendations in the past)

Paul  Hankins If I made a Top Ten list--right now--the top three slots would probably be books that haven't seen shelves just yet. THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN, CHAINED, and SWAY. It's going to be a great reading year.

I'd like to see a category for short story and anthologies this year and then I would put Candace Fleming's summer book coming up. Super ghost stories just in time for camping and around the fire yarns.

Tiffany Neal I just love her writing style. I feel so enveloped with her words (made-up and real alike).

Tish Itching to read your review of Sway!