G.J. Griffiths's Reviews > North of the Killing Hand

North of the Killing Hand by Joni M. Fisher

bookshelves: contemp-fiction, crime-thriller, my-reviews, thriller, ya
Read 2 times. Last read October 25, 2018.

This was a fascinating book to read as it starts out as a thriller and then becomes a kind of coming of age story, but eventually the reader is intrigued by the developing romance between the two major characters. At the same time the settings move between Brazil’s Amazon jungle and the USA – Washington DC and New York. I found myself rooting for Nefi Jenkins, the amazing young heroine, from the first few pages right up until the exciting conclusion. For me she could do no wrong despite one or two understandable mistakes along the way, which covers about seven years of time.

The thriller aspect does not let up throughout the story and the author’s skilful handling of various characters, their interactions and conversations was a joy to read. I repeat: intriguing, exciting, emotional, believable, and totally gripping. What a wonderful series of novels this proves to be and I look forward to reading more of Joni Fisher’s books. North of the Killing Hand is highly recommended to anyone who loves to read thrillers with a touch of romance and plenty of surprising twists and turns – and a very unusual finale! A great new discovery for this avid reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read North of the Killing Hand.

October 11, 2018 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
October 25, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 26, 2018 – Shelved
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: contemp-fiction
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: crime-thriller
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: my-reviews
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: thriller
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: ya
November 14, 2018 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)