MoMo's Reviews > The Lingering

The Lingering by S.J.I. Holliday

Read 2 times. Last read November 11, 2018.

OMG! This is brilliant- and terrifyingly creepy!!

The Lingering is a twisted supernatural tale. A new couple, Jack and Ali, have moved to the self-sufficient commune.  They are starting over after something happened in their old life - details are sketchy - you will need to read the book to find out more!

The commune lives within 'Rosalind House' which is an old psychiatric home within  a small village - the setting has many old buildings which were used and now sit at varying stages of decay.  The locals from the next village all share stories and history of the haunted buildings, which include tales of witchcraft and ghosts!

I especially loved this setting as I live very close to an old village* which was previously a psychiatric home/hospital and the land sits currently with many derelict buildings just as described in this novel. The author has a brilliant way of describing the village ensuring you get the ghostly feeling however after personally walking in a similar situation it has my over-active mind going full speed.

When I choose a book I am looking for a read that will draw me in and spark my imagination from the start.  I want to find it impossible to put down, for it to unnerve me and will leave me breathless until I reach the end of the book. This book hit 10/10 every time!

It is true when I say this book changed my life - I will not be walking my dog up by the old hospital any time soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lingering.

October 26, 2018 – Shelved
October 26, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 2, 2018 – Started Reading
November 11, 2018 – Started Reading
November 11, 2018 –
100.0% "review will be published on www.momobookdiary.com"
November 11, 2018 – Finished Reading