Rane's Reviews > A Little Night Magic

A Little Night Magic by Lucy March

1987431

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads-arcs-netgallery, urban-fantasy

Like a waffle, A Little Night Magic by Lucy March was a fun, fluffy and very much a delicious read.
Olivia Kiskey has worked at the waffle house restaurant since she’s been a teen with and been in love with the cook Tobias who hasn’t made a move in over four years and Olivia is tired of the same old same old and in need of a big change! She gets it when she meets a strange woman who says she has a special gift that may bring the change she wanted for good or bad.

Olivia is an easygoing character that may be a little blind to things in her life, from her three dear friends lives, and her feelings of Tobias. When Olivia’s magical gift, the ability to turn everyday objects into animal creatures (her mug coffer cup Gibson and paper crane Niles stole my heart) Olivia’s life is changed a 180 degrees when things start to go downhill. From one of her friend’s becoming a different and spiteful person and someone wanting either her dead or her newest gift.

The story is very easy to get into, Olivia’s voice was nice as well, as she deals with all the changes that seem to pop up over night into her life. Her romance between herself and Tobias was nice, with the mixed signals he sends her, you know there’s more then meets the eye with him. She also has some great friends that she comes to count on, while changing her perspective of the town and her life.

From the start everything is pretty much cut and dry with you knowing pretty quickly who the real bad guy is, and pretty predictable plot.
Still an enjoyable and simple read to sit back and relax with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Night Magic.

January 6, 2012 – Shelved
January 7, 2012 – Started Reading
January 7, 2012 – Shelved as: first-reads-arcs-netgallery
January 7, 2012 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
January 10, 2012 –
January 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Oh, this was such a shallow, delicious read. You can find it on netgalley. :)

Rane Maja wrote: "Oh, this was such a shallow, delicious read. You can find it on netgalley. :)"

Ahhh, just what I've been looking for! *hugs* Thanks Maja *sends off a request*

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Ooooh, Rane.... You know what? I've been CRAVING waffles lately! Sure it's a sign!

Rane UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Ooooh, Rane.... You know what? I've been CRAVING waffles lately! Sure it's a sign!"

*LOL* it must be a sign after all!

message 5: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Hmmmm, waffles ....

Rane AgentScully wrote: "Hmmmm, waffles ...."

I wanna go to IHOP..........

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish GAH! Waffles again! I need to buy a waffle iron!

Rane UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "GAH! Waffles again! I need to buy a waffle iron!"

Great Idea! ^__^

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan I was looking at this one but it sounds like a run of the mill story with nothing special to recommend it :(

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rane Susan wrote: "I was looking at this one but it sounds like a run of the mill story with nothing special to recommend it :("

it's a cute simple read for a rainy day

Tammy Terrific review Rane! I started this one last night as soon as it was available for download. I love this author's prior books (written under the name Lani Diane Rich). She has a great sense of humor!

message 12: by Rane (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rane Tammy wrote: "Terrific review Rane! I started this one last night as soon as it was available for download. I love this author's prior books (written under the name Lani Diane Rich). She has a great sense of humor!"

Thanks Tammy and Thank "you" for the head's up on more of this authors works! I loved the sweetness in this book

Tammy The Fortune Quilt and Little Ray of Sunshine are two of my favorite books. I'll bet you would really like them too! :)

message 14: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc This sounds so cute! Thanks for the great review :)