megs_bookrack's Reviews > Bellweather Rhapsody

Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia

**A quirky and oddly compelling tale**

Bellweather Rhapsody is like nothing I have ever read before.
100% unique and reads like a Wes Anderson film.

Setting: The Bellweather Hotel. A large, possibly haunted hotel in a state of disrepair.

Cast: Flawed, nerdy, dangerous and expressive.

Plot: A weekend retreat for the most talented young musicians in NY state; dramatics ensue.

Two of our main characters are Alice and Rabbit Hatmaker, a brother and sister duo, who are basically the novel interpretation of what would happen if Rachel Berry and Kurt Hummel were brother and sister.

Aspirations and attitudes are running high and on full display. This was completely entertaining even though I can hardly form into words an accurate description of what I read. There is a lot going on including, but not limited to: murder, hauntings (both external and internal), disappearances, shouting matches, a love affair, self discovery, robbery and so much more.

I am so glad I picked this up. It was as random as this storyline and I'm down for that. I would recommend this for any music geeks out there - you know who you are. Be proud and read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bellweather Rhapsody.

October 25, 2018 – Started Reading
October 25, 2018 – Shelved
October 25, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 25, 2018 –
page 20
5.65% "A Carrie reference on the 1st page and a reference to The Shining on page 5? I think this book and I will get on just fine."
October 30, 2018 –
page 47
13.28% "This feels so Wes Anderson - I am very glad I decided to randomly pick this one up! TBR lists be damned!!!"
November 4, 2018 –
page 77
21.75% "A little disappointed that Rabbit didn't stick up for his twin sister when the other kids start making fun of her behind her back. Not cool, Rabbit. Not cool.

"
November 12, 2018 –
page 106
29.94% "Wow! I did not see that coming. This just got real DARK. Is that suicide or murder????"
November 13, 2018 –
page 131
37.01% "Love all the references to The Shining

Favorite horror novel shout-out!!!"
November 15, 2018 –
November 30, 2018 –
December 9, 2018 –
December 10, 2018 –
December 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Delightful review, Meg!

megs_bookrack Paula wrote: "Delightful review, Meg!" Thank you so much, Paula! I appreciate your kind words :)

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome review megs!💖💋

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "Awesome review megs!💖💋" Thank you so much, Kat! xo

message 5: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Megs! :)

megs_bookrack Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Megs! :)"

Thank you, love! Xo

message 7: by Trisha (new) - added it

Trisha A great review and makes me want to read this!

megs_bookrack Trisha wrote: "A great review and makes me want to read this!" Thank you so much, Trisha! It was definitely a unique story. The author has a new books releasing later this year that I am very excited for!

message 9: by Trisha (new) - added it

Trisha I'll have to check that out too! I love unique stories and you're welcome.

megs_bookrack Trisha wrote: "I'll have to check that out too! I love unique stories and you're welcome." I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this someday! Cheers~