Galadriel Johnson's Reviews > The Granny Square Book: Timeless Techniques and Fresh Ideas for Crocheting Square by Square

The Granny Square Book by Margaret Hubert

liked it
bookshelves: crafts

Such a bright and colorful and welcoming book! I hesitated in purchasing this one simply because I tend to think of granny squares as only for blankets. This one proves me wrong. There are 75 separate squares and several easy and useful projects that are not just blankets. The pictures are large, bright, and glossy. The text easy to read and understand even for a moderate talent like myself. I am sure that I will get a lot of use out of this one. If I have one dislike it would be the construction of the book itself. This is a spiral bound book with the heavy cardbord cover, while it lays flat for easy working I am afraid that with too much use the pages will start to tear at the spiral. With the exception of this minor, or major depending on perspective,detail I look forward to working several of these projects up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Granny Square Book.

January 5, 2012 – Started Reading