Kayla Brunson's Reviews > Judge

Judge by Alexa Riley

it was ok
bookshelves: disappointment, novellas, read-in-2018

As we all know, I am an Alexa Riley stan. Which is why it pains me to type this review.

My main reasons for my rating are I’m not a fan of daddy kink and because I found the chemistry lacking. I really wasn’t feeling the chemistry from Nora and Smith.

Might I say that this one is the most unrealistic? I know we don’t read these books because we are looking for realistic. Alexa Riley is known for over the top romance, however, Nora being with Smith wasn’t the best. Nora was running from an uncle who is very controlling and inappropriate and into Smith who really isn’t any different. Honestly, the only difference between them was that Smith was younger and attractive.

Overall, it wasn’t terrible per se, it just wasn’t a story that I loved.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judge.

October 25, 2018 – Shelved
October 25, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 5, 2018 – Started Reading
November 5, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: disappointment
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: novellas
November 12, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Amara And on their podcast the other day they said they used curvy heroines because they wanted an element of "reality". Lol, made me laugh. Judge disappointed me too.

Kayla Brunson Amara wrote: "And on their podcast the other day they said they used curvy heroines because they wanted an element of "reality". Lol, made me laugh. Judge disappointed me too."

lol!! I think this is the first AR book that I've rated this low!

Amara Er, that was My New Stepdad, Dirty Uncle, Trailer Park Virgin, and Their Stepsister for me. Oh, and the entire Innocence series. Those were all one stars for me. I'm still an AR fan though:)

LajaTheReader Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. I have read plenty of Alexa Riley books and this was such a disappointment. I also am not a fan of daddy kink and this was kinda rapey for me. Not my fave at all.

Kayla Brunson LajaTheReader wrote: "Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. I have read plenty of Alexa Riley books and this was such a disappointment. I also am not a fan of daddy kink and this was kinda rapey for me. N..."

Yes! I'm glad someone else thought that this was a disappointment as well. I'm hoping their upcoming books are so much better than this one!