Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > The Girl He Used to Know

The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves

bookshelves: arc-books

When past mistakes make you into a stronger individual, for the sake of wanting the one true person that makes you better, that's what this compelling romance does to the wonderful characters...

Never have read this author before, so you should all know that I am very sensitive when it comes down to new authors, especially authors in which come from a line of very little known romance that I have heard or read from. But to my surprise, this novel did not upset me in any sort of way. On the contrary, it had everything that I was hoping would get me out of my book slump. Everything a romance should entail when it comes down to emotional in depth struggles, to having a second chance at true love in which will have you as the reader, emotionally drained for more.

I am not the biggest fan of flashback chapters, but this novel was one that I was able to tolerate due to the fact that Annika and Jonathan have such a complex back story in which had me questioning as to why they ended up separating in the first place. As previously mentioned, this is a second chance romance. That in itself is also another triggering point in which I would have never picked up this novel. But thank goodness that I did because I would have regretted it otherwise. Annika is such a unique character, one in which has social concerns that make me want to hug her and become her next best friend. Jonathan has known her for a while now, so after seeing each other after so many years, his attraction towards Annika is one that never seemed to diminish. A bond that made them the ideal partnership both physically and emotionally.

Overall, Tracey has outdone herself with the creation of this romantic novel that will have you swept from your feet. I am glad that we can have the chance of reading romance such as this one that makes you slow down and truly find that one person that will have your heart in the best way possible by protecting it cherishing it, and knowing when to do what's best. Thank you to SMP for sending over this novel as I will not be on the lookout for more of Tracey's novels.

ARC kindly provided by SMP, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl He Used to Know.

October 24, 2018 – Shelved
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 28, 2018 – Started Reading
October 28, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-books
November 1, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I cannot wait to pick this up . . . hopefully soon. 😉💜

Cristina | CristiinaReads Melissa wrote: "I cannot wait to pick this up . . . hopefully soon. 😉💜"

Hope you enjoy it sweetie! xoxo

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

This sounds really good! I'll be adding this to my TBR straight away :)

message 4: by Luupi (new) - added it

Luupi "The Reading Queen" Great review, Cristina! <3 I'm exactly like you, I hardly ever enjoy flashbacks or second chances but since you said it was tolerable in this book I might give it a chance soon.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Annika was such an unique character - I loved her!!

Cristina | CristiinaReads c i n d y ♡♡ wrote: "This sounds really good! I'll be adding this to my TBR straight away :)"

Yeahhhyyy! This was just such an unexpected romance novel that never did I think I would truly enjoy, hopefully you get to enjoy it as much as I did! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Luupi wrote: "Great review, Cristina! <3 I'm exactly like you, I hardly ever enjoy flashbacks or second chances but since you said it was tolerable in this book I might give it a chance soon."

YESSSS! Oh bless your soul, thank god I am on the only one who thinks this way. This one was very particular when focusing on the flashbacks and they were actually really good xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Corina☞BookTwinsReviews wrote: "Annika was such an unique character - I loved her!!"

Glad you got to enjoy it as well Corina! xoxo

message 9: by Judith (new)

Judith Terrific review,sweetheart x

message 10: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fantastic review Cristina! :) xx

Cristina | CristiinaReads Judith wrote: "Terrific review,sweetheart x"

Thank you so much Judith! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Aisling Zena wrote: "Fantastic review Cristina! :) xx"

Thanks a bunch sweets cheeks! xoxo

message 13: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Lovely review, Cristina! <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Steffi wrote: "Lovely review, Cristina! <3"

Thanks girl **muahhhh! xoxo

Alexis OMG...if you've never read her books before you need to put down whatever you are reading and read On the Island. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

message 16: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Cristina :)

Cristina | CristiinaReads Alexis wrote: "OMG...if you've never read her books before you need to put down whatever you are reading and read On the Island. It's one of the best books I've ever read."

Do not hate me! LOVE YOUUUU! I will defiantly read more of her books this upcoming year because they are so deeply emotional, they have a unique tone to it and I truly do admire that xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Cristina :)"

Thank you so much sweets, loved everything about this novel! xoxo

message 19: by Ronnie (new) - added it

Ronnie OHMYGOSH I'm so excited for this book and I guess this is Tracey Graves debut book? With your wonderful review, I cannot wait for this to come out! <3

Cristina | CristiinaReads Ronnie wrote: "OHMYGOSH I'm so excited for this book and I guess this is Tracey Graves debut book? With your wonderful review, I cannot wait for this to come out! <3"

Oh I have no clue if it's her debut novel but I am looking forward to reading more of her novels for sure. And thank you so much sweetie! xoxo