Hanna Andersson's Reviews > I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life

I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel

Reading Anne Bogel’s book I'd Rather Be Reading reminded me of my own reading history, of youth favorites and the many, many visits to the school libraries of my childhood. It's all good memories!

It will also remind you of the importance of reading to kids, of books given (or received) as gifts, of moments of bliss when you are not able to sleep because you just have to read. one. more. page…

It will remind you of forgotten moments, people, and places you’ve met through books. If you’re a reader who in later years are leaning more on HBO or Netflix for late night entertainment, reading this book will remind you of who you are, deep down. It will revitalize your reading life with some new titles you really will want to check out, or invite you to re-read old favorites. That’s one reason I consider this book a gem. It reminds us that books are not only entertainment, but a true love.

Books can be many different things for us, and they are different things at different times. Books can feel like nourishment. Like a little treat. A past-time. A cave. A tavern. A castle. A Laugh. A Cry. An escape. A life-line. A friend.

If you are a reading person, I bet you often say to yourself: I'd rather be reading right now. So why don't you?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Rather Be Reading.

Started Reading