Jo Ladzinski's Reviews > Lost Crow Conspiracy

Lost Crow Conspiracy by Rosalyn Eves

32067918

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook, library, net-galley, kindle

Started my eGalley but finished via audiobook

The sequel to Blood Rose Rebellion was a more character-driven adventure, with Anna and friends dealing with the aftermath of the previous book. Creatures called Pretheria are roaming across Eastern Europe, wreaking havoc, and Anna is balancing her various love lives and political machinations to undo the damage that had been done.

Somehow, even less happened in this book, but the threads were far more focused. Anna gains another love interest in the form of Franz Jozef, who didn't do much except serve as justification for his mother. Other new characters are introduced, like Vasilia and Ginny, who were fascinating and I really wished she was the protagonist. There is a line Noemi spits at Anna about her not doing anything, and when the book is calling out, it's a problem. I hope Anna can finally get over her pining because there are still vaguely interesting tracks laid that I hope go somewhere.

I don't know if listening to this book on audio enhanced all the editorial problems, but one thing I could not get over was the repetition of two key facts (hidden for spoilers from the first book) (view spoiler). It truly felt like the author was filling the page space with this dead air and it made for a very frustrating read.

Ultimately, sometimes you need to read a book to gain some perspective on what not to do and, with this one, I was hoping for an improvement, but I might finish the series if only for the aesthetic.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Crow Conspiracy.

October 24, 2018 – Started Reading
October 24, 2018 – Shelved
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: library
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: net-galley
October 24, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle
page 0
0.0% "Oh right, this is the book where the one love interest totally has a thing for the other and this series will probably never acknowledge it x.x"
October 24, 2018 –
30.0% "Well, that was certainly A Choice"
October 24, 2018 –
25.0% "Well, that was certainly A Choice"
October 24, 2018 –
42.0% "We get it, Matyas is totally dead."
October 25, 2018 –
42.0% ""You don't anything" Someone had to say it"
October 25, 2018 –
61.0% "This book is an excellent case study in eclipsing more interesting characters with bland protagonists."
October 26, 2018 –
69.0% "And here the plot starts. At least it started sooner?"
October 26, 2018 –
90.0% "I have no idea how the next book is starting, but the last 10% would make an EXCELLENT opening."
October 26, 2018 – Finished Reading