Ben Zornes's Reviews > 30 WAYS TO PARENT ON PURPOSE: Changing the World Through Intentional Parenting

30 WAYS TO PARENT ON PURPOSE by Johnathan Harms

liked it
bookshelves: christian-family

My friend, Jonathan, recently self-published this short book on parenting. First of all, you come away from the book inspired by a father who loves his kids, and wants to do all he can to raise them in the ways of the Lord. Jonathan lays out thirty starting points where parents can get to work deliberately training their children. Some of these are simple, but we all can use the reminder to get rid of distractions and focus on investing in our children. I'd recommend working through this book as a husband and wife and at the bare minimum let it be a conversation starter for how you're doing in raising your kids. A lot of people get into the parenting game without ever coming up with a strategy to win the game. I think Jonathan's advice is, on the whole, really helpful in getting the planning juices pumping. Above everything else, he makes it clear that teaching your kids to love and glorify Jesus is the end-zone for parenting. It's a really quick read, and so support my friend and grab a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 WAYS TO PARENT ON PURPOSE.

October 23, 2018 – Started Reading