Rane's Reviews > A Breach of Promise

A Breach of Promise by Victoria Vane

1987431

bookshelves: georgian-era, keeper, historical

Victoria Vane pens down a delightful and fun novella about a reunion and second chances.
On the night of her betrothal Lydia Trent is finally going to marry the man she's been wanting and loving for so long, Marcus, Lord Russell on the other hand has adventure on his mind and not marriage. But giving into a impulse Marcus gives Lydia a taste of passion and leaves for six years. In those years Lydia has grow up and is tried of waiting and finally decides to break it off!
Marcus on the other hand can't believe Lydia would break off the endangerment and knows he'll need to use some charm to get her back in order. Marcus is in for a bigger surprise with the feisty Lydia whose grow up and is more passionate and knows he'll just have to woo her, win her over or ruin her to make her his! Of course Lydia won't make it easy!

Lydia and Marcus were pretty young when they become engage, but after six years and no husband, no ring, Lydia has had enough. I was surprised Lydia put up with Marcus that long, but she makes him work for it when he thinks he can just waltz back into her life and resume where they left off. Over and over Lydia prove what an asshat Marcus is and Marcus falls in love with Lydia.

I would have loved a tad more groveling on Marcus part and Lydia made him work harder to win him over, but for a short novel, it was just down right fun to see two strong willed people, duel in a battle of wits and wills and the winning in the game of love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breach of Promise.

January 5, 2012 – Started Reading
January 5, 2012 – Shelved
January 5, 2012 – Shelved as: georgian-era
January 6, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 9, 2012 – Shelved as: keeper
September 13, 2013 – Shelved as: historical

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Kristen Loved your review, Rane! I felt the same way as you in regards to being surprised Lydia put up with Marcus that long, too. I would have kicked him to the curb long before she did; however, the book did take place during a different era and it is a romance novel after all. Lol.

Rane Kristen wrote: "Loved your review, Rane! I felt the same way as you in regards to being surprised Lydia put up with Marcus that long, too. I would have kicked him to the curb long before she did; however, the book..."

*LOL* True True- plus it did feel like he changed, and just wish Lydia gave him more hell just because :P

message 3: by Giselle (new)

Giselle Well I'm a definite fan of this cover!

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Rane!

Rane Giselle wrote: "Well I'm a definite fan of this cover!"

Rawr, it is very nice ;D~~

Rane AgentScully wrote: "Fab review Rane!"

Thanks Scully!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review, Rane!!!

Rane UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Great review, Rane!!!"

Thank you UM! *hugs*