Cadiva's Reviews > Renewing Forever

Renewing Forever by Kelly   Jensen

"...sex with someone you wanted this much could only ever remake the world."

Kelly Jensen scores a hat trick with Renewing Forever, this makes three out of three for books I've read and fallen in love with.

This one is a gorgeous second chance romance, a later in life love restored, just like the old lodge house, and proof that it's never too late to take a step on the road to forgiveness and understanding.

Both Frank and Tom are complex characters and there is no single issue of fault. Both made mistakes when they were just teenagers and both have spent 30 years living with the consequences and the regret.

There's a feeling of not quite melancholy, but almost an element of time stood still and is slowly coming to life again.

We find out more about Frank than his outward appearance of Simon's jovial journalist best friend. We meet Tom, who I alternatively wanted to put away somewhere safe and conversely push out to experience the full scope of the world outside his doorstep.

There's angst in this, but it's the realistic drama of finding yourself back with The One who you never stopped loving but who had cut you to the bone and not knowing quite where to start the moving on process.

It's a wonderful slow burn between two mature characters approaching their half century of life and I adored it. Now, who is going to be giving Brian his Forever in book three?!

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Renewing Forever.

October 23, 2018 – Started Reading
October 23, 2018 – Shelved
October 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ele (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ele Fab review! Will be starting this soon. Sounds like she rocked the second chance trope!

Cadiva Ele wrote: "Fab review! Will be starting this soon. Sounds like she rocked the second chance trope!"

So much yes! It really is a proper "do over" imho.