Tricia Mingerink's Reviews > Flight of the Raven

Flight of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse

bookshelves: great-christian-fantasy

I pre-ordered the audiobook and literally set aside the audiobook I was listening to so I could jump into this one right away. After the sort of cliff hanger ending of the last book, I've been impatiently counting down to this book.

This book was a bit different than what I was expecting, yet in some ways it was exactly what I was expecting. It had less action than the last book. Really only the ending had anything like the danger and tense scenes of the first book. I was expecting a lot of Damien and Selene falling in love and growing as people, and that's exactly what I got and it was really well done and sweet and adorable.

Even though this book was in many ways slower than the first book, I still couldn't stop listening. The struggle inside Selene is very compelling and Amara's struggles were a good parallel.

There were a few doctrinal things I didn't agree with, but overall I appreciated the Christian aspect of the book.

The ending was the best part of the whole book. Tense and heart-wrenching and totally sets up a dramatic finale in the third book. I'm already starting a countdown to the release of book 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight of the Raven.

October 23, 2018 – Shelved
October 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 29, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
April 29, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
April 30, 2019 – Started Reading
April 30, 2019 –
1.0% "EEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited that this book released today!! I'm setting aside my other audiobook to jump right into this one! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
May 2, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 3, 2019 – Shelved as: great-christian-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Laura A. Grace I agree about the ending!