Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Madrone

Madrone by Jack B. Rochester

19253213

bookshelves: historical, literary-fiction, review-requests

Madrone by Jack B. Rochester is a beautiful sequel to  Wild Blue Yonder , which picks up where the first one left off giving a detailed glimpse into the life of the protagonist, Nathaniel Hawthorne Flowers after he enters the next phase of his life and explores the world outside of the military.

Just like the previous book by author Rochester, I thoroughly enjoyed this book as well. I'm glad that I got a chance to read the first book so close to this one because the whole story of Nathaniel felt like a nice long movie. The writing was really good and felt apt for such a beautiful story. The characterization was great as instantly I was able to connect to Nathaniel, and was able to relate to him while he went about living his life in a world that was new to him.

The book is based in the 1960's and the author has done a commendable job in enabling people like me, who never saw that era, to be able to live it through his amazing cast of characters. The settings did not only make the book very interesting but also very enjoyable.

It is a good book with a heart-warming story and exceptional writing to compliment it, sprinkled with a cast of characters that would steal your heart in a blink and I'd recommend it to everyone who loves reading a meticulously constructed story with fully fleshed-out characters.

You can also read this review at www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madrone.

October 22, 2018 – Started Reading