Valerie's Reviews > A Lord for the Lass

A Lord for the Lass by Amalie Howard

This book was.. Torture. Gah. I finished this book in one sitting because I was legit biting my nails off at all the drama going on.

I requested an ARC of this book for review from Netgalley because I was going through serious Jamie Fraser and Outlander withdrawals knowing I was sooo close to the new season and when I saw this book and read the summary, I just knew it would stave off some of those feelings but NOPE. Now, Julien is no Jamie Fraser but this French man captured my heart from the get-go and you guys have absolutely noooooo idea how crazy I went over the course of this book. I was literally texting my best friend over the course of this because I just couldn’t cope! Lol.

Now, sure I wanted to strangle both main characters because this has to be one of the slowest burn books ever, but as my best friend made me see, this only makes the story that much better and trust me when I say, it did. After everything Makenna went through in her first marriage, she had to slowly develop that trust with Julien and even then it would take a lot more before she was ready to actually trust another man with her body and heart after the treatment she’d faced at the hands of not only her ex husband but also his cousin. I’m so happy that Makenna got her happily ever after, and if you want to know just how that comes to be then all you have to do is pick up this book and dive into it full heartedly like I did. And trust me when I say, I don’t think anyone can regret reading this book after that first line from Lord Julien 😍😍

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lord for the Lass.

October 22, 2018 – Started Reading