Morgan's Reviews > Decree

Decree by Tricia Mingerink

bookshelves: books-i-ve-read-in-2018

When I found out there would be more Acktar books, I was sooooo excited. I'd missed Leith and Renna, and finding out I'd have more of them was like an early Christmas present. Now, not all the stories are about them. There are some about Martyn, some of which involve Owen and Kayleigh. There is one about Ranson, which does have Leith and Renna in it, but is primarily about Ranson. But of course, my favorites were the ones about Leith and Renna.

This is the Lost Stories of Acktar and I love it. It bridges the gap between the early part of the series and what the rest of the series will be. It has stories about establishing the Blades as they should have been, and Keevan and Leith's confrontation and reconciliation. Because it is difficult when your cousin marries your would-be-murderer, but while I totally understand where Keevan's coming from, I'm still with Leith, not Keevan. The relationship between the two families is interesting for sure. And so is the political climate of Acktar.

I love seeing Leith and Renna with their kids. It's sweet and beautiful. But things aren't exactly peaceful in Acktar, so Leith has to be both father and Blade Marshall. And Renna has to be Lady Grayce/Torren as well as mother. And try to pay as little in taxes as possible. XD But I probably shouldn't say any more. Read it for yourself. Because Acktar is pretty awesome and if you love Ilyon, you'll love it too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decree.

October 21, 2018 – Shelved