Ezmirelda's Reviews > Fireseed One

Fireseed One by Catherine Stine

Jan 05, 2012

bookshelves: to-read, books-i-own, 4-stars, romance, original, must-read
Read in March, 2012

Fireseed One starts off with the protagonist Varik, a boy who has recently lost his father and has a lot on his plate. The story’s action starts off when Varik discovers a strange girl trying to steal seed disks. He catches her before she can get away, holds her captive, and tries to find out more about her. They go on an adventure to search for a hybrid plan through the hot zone, facing many obstacles along the way.

I thought the whole plot of Fireseed One an extremely clever one. The adventure, the romance, and the amazing world building. The world presented is incredible! This sci-fi world is created before your very eyes and suddenly it feels like you’re in a whole other universe, or a whole other earth. The descriptions needed to make the world come to life work are very well balanced with the rest of the story so it’s not overbearing like in other sci-fi novels. The relationship between Marisa and Varik is so sweet! Even in the beginning I thought the two were a great match for each other.

Overall, I really enjoyed Fireseed One! It’s really different from my usual read so I’m glad that I got a chance to read it. Fireseed One rejuvenated my interest in the Sci-Fi genre. It’s engaging characters and the imaginative world pulls the reader in and doesn’t let them back out until the very last page. I highly recommend this book to those who love sci-fi and those who want to try something new and engaging.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fireseed One.