Sid's Reviews > Adultery

Adultery by Paulo Coelho

Whenever life brings me a lot of problems and I am not able to find solution in any of the books I am reading at that specific point, I go directly to read any of Paulo Coelho's books. This book was on my to-read list but I wasn't sure by the name of it, if it could be of some help to me in any way or not. Well, none of my current reads was able to captivate me yesterday, I decided to read some book with less pages and more lesson and trusting Coelho with it, I just picked it up.
And well, this book had more to offer than I could expect. This book doesn't burden your mind and still teaches you a lot.
There's an equal portion of dark and light in a person. And what makes him good or bad isn't the ratio of the dark or light inside him but the amount of control he has over the respective parts. For control, we are provided with mind as a rational part. But to counter that rationality, we are given an equally potent competitor; the heart with it's desires. Many a times, we manage to keep our devils under control. But when encountered with a situation, where the stimulus to provoke our demons is beyond that we could handle, what would one do?? Go with the flow of it or try to counter it? Either way, is it possible to come out safe at the end of it? Can tactic and logic always save you? Should you control it? Or CAN you even control it?
Well, we learn that in this book. How a simple married woman loses all her control, how she gains it back, what was needed to keep her in check, what she looses in the entire process, what she learns and most importantly what love truly is!
I liked this book as the author takes us on a twisted journey of a simple woman with so many lessons to learn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adultery.

October 21, 2018 – Started Reading
October 21, 2018 – Shelved
October 21, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party "There's an equal portion of dark and light in a person. And what makes him good or bad isn't the ratio of the dark or light inside him but the amount of control he has over the respective parts."

You are a brilliant writer, Sid! I love your way with words! :)

message 2: by Sid (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sid David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party wrote: ""There's an equal portion of dark and light in a person. And what makes him good or bad isn't the ratio of the dark or light inside him but the amount of control he has over the respective parts."
..."

Thanks a lot David :)

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Sid wrote: "Thanks a lot David :)
I have been thinking for quite some time to start writing a blog of some kind and your appreciation pushes me more towards that direction :) "

I would love to read a blog by you, Sid! With your intelligence, creativity, and writing abilities, I think you'd really excel as a blogger! :D

message 4: by Ibrahim (new)

Ibrahim I appreciate your kindly review, Sid .and I am fully agree with David's opinion regarding you Sid

message 5: by Sid (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sid David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party wrote: "Sid wrote: "Thanks a lot David :)

I would love to re..."

Thankyouuu :)
Means a lot

message 6: by Sid (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sid Ibrahim wrote: "I appreciate your kindly review, Sid .and I am fully agree with David's opinion regarding you Sid"

Hey thank you Ibrahim :)

message 7: by MK (new) - added it

MK Another agreeing with your wonderful writing skills, Sid :)

message 8: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Fantastic review Sid! 😊

message 9: by Sid (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sid MK wrote: "Another agreeing with your wonderful writing skills, Sid :)"

Thanks a lot MK :*

message 10: by Sid (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sid Nicola wrote: "Fantastic review Sid! 😊"