Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾'s Reviews > Seduce Me

Seduce Me by Kelly Elliott

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary-romance

2 STARS

This was my first book from this author, and while I don't think it'll be my last, this one just didn't work for me.

It started off great. A little second chance romance with a dash of hate/love is usually my crack of choice. But sadly I just couldn't connect to the characters. They're in their 30s yet sound and behave like teenagers. I wanted to love the heroine since she's exactly the type of heroine I enjoy in my books; strong, sassy and willful. But then I got to a point where if I read her inner monologue think "note to self" one more time, I was going to chuck my kindle at the wall.

I enjoyed Tucker but even he had instances where I had a tough time believing his age. He sounded like a sulky teenager in parts; particularly the one with his father.

All that aside, it would have still been a solid 3 star read, until I got to the second half. The dragging out of a simple misunderstanding that could have been resolved with ONE adult conversation drove me up the wall. It could have been resolved five times over, and yet it just kept being dragged out. The book could have ended at the 50% mark, in my honest opinion. The last half of the book was pure drama for drama's sake, and it totally fizzled out my enjoyment of the first half.

Would I read another book from this author? Absolutely! Would I recommend this book? It's definitely a thing of taste. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I wish I enjoyed it, but you just can't love them all.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me.

October 20, 2018 – Shelved