Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)'s Reviews > Sorcery of Thorns

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret  Rogerson

Thank you Margaret K. McElderry Books for the free (gifted) review copy in exchange for an honest review!

And I'm finally getting around to writing this review. Sorcery of Thorns has been at the top of my list when it comes to 2019 releases. I still can't explain how happy I am to have been given the chance to read and review this book. So, without further delays let's get to the review.

Sorcery of Thorns was so well written. I fell in love with the writing style and the way everything was explained os flawlessly. The way the first chapter started had me hooked immediately. I'll admit I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of An Enchantment of Ravens yet, but if this is the way Margaret Rogerson writes I guess I'm going to have to find a way to read it asap! The world building, characters and descriptions were AMAZING. It felt magical from the first page all the way to the last. Some might think it starts off a bit slow but I loved the pacing. I loved that everything happened at the right time and that nothing was rushed. We got to move through the world as steady as possible.

Elisabeth was such a wonderful character to get to know and officially one of my favorites. I loved watching her grow throughout the book, and her relationship with the other characters. She went through so many hardships and some had me siting at the edge of my seat. Nathaniel Thorn, the sorcerer was another reason to fall in love with this book, along with Silas, his demonic servant. I got so attached to these characters. Nathaniel I fell in love with immediately. His witty remarks and protectiveness, and can't forget to mention the tragic back story. Even though we often see this in books I really enjoyed the way it was introduced. I don't want to give away too much but it was a lot different from most stories and quite refreshing.

I suppose at the mention of a demonic servant you wouldn't really think you'd get attached but, think again! Silas has got to be one of my favorite things about this. I loved getting to analyze his relationship with Nathaniel. And even with Elisabeth. I kept making excuses for him at times, and I just overall loved his character.

Another thing that I appreciated was the romance. It was a slow burn romance but I personally love them that way. I was waiting for it to happen but so much was going on that I often forgot about it for a while. The story was built perfectly and the romance was added at the very right moments. The libraries were the definition of magical and I fell in love in so many ways. The ending of the book had me sobbing and it's been a while since a book has made me feel so much.

So in the end what I've been trying to get to is please pre-order the book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sorcery of Thorns.

October 20, 2018 – Shelved
January 17, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
January 23, 2019 – Started Reading
January 23, 2019 –
page 112
24.14% "I haven't gotten anywhere yet but I'm already in love 😍"
January 24, 2019 –
page 200
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-reading-list
January 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 5-star-reads
January 26, 2019 – Finished Reading
January 29, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Namera [The Literary Invertebrate] I NEED SOMEONE TO DISCUSS THAT ENDING WITH

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Namera [The Literary Invertebrate] wrote: "I NEED SOMEONE TO DISCUSS THAT ENDING WITH"

OMG HOW WAS THAT ENDING?!

message 3: by bunny (new) - added it

bunny ahhh, I'm so excited for this book!!!! and I'm so glad it was good. I adored Enchantment of Ravens; it was beautiful, romantic, and magical. you should definitely pick it up!!

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) belle jane wrote: "ahhh, I'm so excited for this book!!!! and I'm so glad it was good. I adored Enchantment of Ravens; it was beautiful, romantic, and magical. you should definitely pick it up!!"

Oh An Enchantment of Ravens is definitely on my list for this year! I hope you'll love this book just as much!