Wayne McCoy's Reviews > Alt-Life

Alt-Life by Thomas Cadène

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels

'Alt-Life' by Thomas Cadene with art by Joseph Falzon is a dystopian graphic novel about two explorers who will save humanity by trying to live in a weird kind of bubble reality.

Rene and Josiane get chosen to participate in a new program that will hopefully save the human race. They don odd suits and wake up in a place where they can make anything happen with the power of their mind. The world is lonely, so they populate it with simulated humans. Then they start having sex with them. Or not having sex as the case may be. Josiane has no problem, but Rene feels weird about it all. Rene also feels weird about not hurting when he falls, or having smelly armpits. It's a strange new world, and these are kind of strange people.

Besides all the sex, and there seems to be an awful lot, I liked the premise of this. I really liked the art. What seemed odd to me about this is they have a program and they manage to pick these two? Rene seems to have trouble coping and Josiane just wants to have sex all day. It seems like a weird basis for an experiment.

I received a review copy of this graphic novel from Europe Comics and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for allowing me to review this graphic novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alt-Life.

October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
October 6, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
October 19, 2018 – Started Reading