Alexis (Mother of Books)'s Reviews > Cleaner of Bones

Cleaner of Bones by Meg Kassel

“I’m not the hero of any story. Not the villain, either. I’m the one that cleans the bones after the battle is over. I’m just the scavenger.”

Cleaner of the Bones is a novella set at the same time as Black Bird of the Gallows, but instead of Angie’s perspective, we get Reece’s. This is a few scenes from the first book and it tells them from Reece’s perspective. I really enjoyed this and that is probably because like I mentioned in my Black Bird of the Gallows review, I really wanted some chapters told in his perspective.

We get to see what Reece was thinking and we learned a little more about his first life and how he died. I would love to see a prequel novel about his previous life.

If you don’t care to read from his perspective, you will probably see this as unnecessary, but I greatly appreciated it.

I also want to mention that Goodreads labels this as a prequel, it is absolutely NOT a prequel. I do not recommend reading this before the first book. This will spoil so much from the first one. Read this after you have read Black Bird of the Gallows. It also kind of introduces you to the main character in the next book, Keeper of the Bees.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cleaner of Bones.

October 19, 2018 – Shelved