Joanna Larum's Reviews > Selene

Selene by Stewart Giles

This is the sixth in the Jason Smith series and I have to say that these books get better and better. I'm enjoying the insight into Smith's character and, although at first I thought the writer had made a mistake by showing how immature Smith was in the first book, his character is developing from book to book and I now bow down to the author's superior knowledge. Smith is growing with each book.
During the worst winter in York for years, men are being sedated and then killed, before they are tucked in like a child and left. Nothing seems to connect the victims, apart from the manner of death and Smith and his team are struggling to find out who the killer is.
The reader is given a clue in the story of Selene, a small girl who witnesses a human sacrifice in Romania, before she is captured and imprisoned for six years. The reader then expects Selene to be the killer, but what is her name now she is living in York? I am sure that all readers will think it is the psychiatrist brought in by DI Brownhill - as I did. Read it to find out!
This is a page-turner of a novel, with clues aplenty and lots of action. This series has been updated and re-mastered and is all the better for it. Don't miss out on a great read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selene.

October 15, 2018 – Started Reading