Joanna Larum's Reviews > The Stolen Boys

The Stolen Boys by Joy Ellis

This is the fifth in the Jackman and Evans series by Joy Ellis and I would recommend reading all of them in order, not because they don't work as stand alones but because they are such wonderful books. It is no secret that I am a massive fan of Joy Ellis' writing and I'd queue outside a bookshop to buy her shopping lists, never mind her novels.
Having seen my grandson as he attempts to buy this type of designer clothing on release days, I can fully understand the storyline in this novel, that wearers could be attacked by gangs wanting to steal trainers, tops etc for resale. It is only when one young man is murdered during a theft that the subject is brought before Jackman and he and his team set about investigating the murder.
The story is told in the third person and from various angles, giving the reader insights into the workings of the various minds on display, before it brings them all together at the end, leaving one wanting more, much more! Terrible things happen to the various characters but there is never too much gore, although there are times when the reader has to wonder about the depths of human depravity when people can even contemplate doing wicked deeds, never mind carrying them out.
I would recommend to all lovers of police procedurals but, be warned, you will want to read them all!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stolen Boys.

October 13, 2018 – Started Reading