Wulfwyn 's Reviews > Gingerbread Dreams

Gingerbread Dreams by Anna J. Stewart

bookshelves: box-set, christmas, clean-reads, favorites, recommended-reading, seasonsofreading-past

I was gifted a ebook copy of this book. It was sold as a box set of Brenda Novak's fundraiser for diabetes. My review is based on my feelings reading the book.

I love Christmas books. They are always magical. This book was a bit different from the usual mix I come across. I loved the story. It brought up something that I went through. I had custody of a family members child for awhile. It was heart wrenching difficult. Your love and loyalties are stretched to breaking points. Of course, the needs of the child win no matter how much pain you feel. It's special pain... it carries a mix of love, loyalty, hope, hopelessness, anger and sadness. It is a pain I wish on no one. Unfortunately it is a reality for many. I thought the author handled it well. She touched on the various feelings without dragging the book down. The ending was one that happens. The characters are very well written. I could see them in my mind and in my heart. I would recommend this to all the holiday romance lovers out there. It is clean so no need to worry if a teen picks it up. Matter of fact, I think it would make for wonderful discussions.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gingerbread Dreams.

October 17, 2018 – Started Reading