J.E. Benoit's Reviews > Who We Were

Who We Were by Melissa  Collins

Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

“I need more. More of you,” I admitted.
“Take it all. It’s all yours. Always has been. Always will be.”

Quinn Jacobs and Ryan Masterson were just awkward teens when they first met. Quinn was kind of a nerd and Ryan was a loner but when they are paired together in woodshop their senior year, they form a sort of friendship which gives way to a mutual attraction that they are both timid to explore. They ultimately give in to their desires and have several memorable moments together before Ryan learns something that forces him to leave town and break Quinn’s heart. Twelve years later these now grown men are back in the same town and even though there is so much pain and heartbreak floating between them, the same intense attraction is still there even after all that time. As they try to figure out if there’s a chance of being in each other’s lives again, all the unanswered questions from their past threaten to put a stop to any future they might have together.

The angst is strong with this one! Quinn was a pretty put together guy, even when they were younger, but Ryan was a disaster pretty much the whole time. He did have a pretty crappy home life so a lot of his issues were understandable but it also leads to MANY moments of frustration and angst when it comes to him and Quinn. I felt bad for Ryan and for Quinn after the first time Ryan left him, but after Quinn kept letting Ryan treat him poorly, I got kind of upset with Quinn. I understand that Quinn was concerned for him and that Ryan was his first love, but I wish he could have stood up for himself a little more. When they weren’t sabotaging themselves, the chemistry between these two was good and there were plenty of hot scenes to be found here. It was a bumpy ride here and there but I did enjoy how everything wrapped up for Ryan and Quinn!

All of the days we spent being who we were lead us to right here –they lead us to who we are today.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who We Were.

October 17, 2018 – Started Reading