Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Cruel Money

Cruel Money by K.A. Linde

20997898

liked it
bookshelves: arc

Think Gossip Girl or Cruel Intentions and you have Cruel Money—a second chance romance set within the glitz and glamour of New York’s upper class society. It is devious and abundant in delicious drama, characterised by deceitful personalities brimming with lies and scandalous propositions.

Delightfully addictive, without doubt compelling and unputdownable, Cruel Money, with an insurmountable level of intrigue and intensity, will have you invested throughout. It doesn’t just have angst and drama, it also contains seduction dripping with manipulation, deception flowing with tension and sweet lies coated in deviousness.

Our worlds didn’t connect. Our lives were so far from normal. I didn’t want to want this. I didn’t want to want him.

Penn Kensington and Natalie Bishop’s romance is twisted, yet fascinating—a train wreck of malicious intentions and inescapable heartache that you can’t turn away from. I became so engrossed in this narrative of cruel words and vicious actions that everything else faded away.

However, I couldn't fully fall in love with these characters. Natalie does have some positive qualities—she's confident, determined and she has serious backbone, but she's also dense and unobservant, despite being a writer with certain qualities. Penn is an undeniable gorgeous, enigmatic figure, but there's something missing.

Penn Kensington had gotten under my skin. He crawled beneath the surface and there was nothing I could do about it.

I know I will fall in love with this series. Cruel Money is filled with some of my favourite tropes combined into this enticing series. If you're searching for something brimming with deception; a narrative with characters you'll love to hate, or hate to love; the glamorous, lavish lifestyle of upper New York, this series will grip your attention.

I'm more than ready for Cruel Fortune (sadly, months away!)

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruel Money.

October 17, 2018 – Shelved