Robin Loves Reading's Reviews > My One and Only Duke

My One and Only Duke by Grace Burrowes

bookshelves: 2018-challenge, forever, print, october-december-2018

Please see all of my reviews on my blog at https://www.robinlovesreading.com.

London banker Quinn Wentworth is soon to executed. When Quinn discovers the plight of a prison preacher’s daughter, Jane Winston, he offers a solution. Jane is widowed, pregnant and destitute. Quinn has very little time left, so he sees no problem offering her marriage, which in turn will provide a comfortable life fo her and her child, and get her away from her disaster of a father.

Here’s the catch. Not only is Quinn actually innocent of the crime for which he is to be hanged, he has been framed. At the last possible moment, he is saved shortly after he’d been declared the long-lost heir to a dukedom. Quinn has two things on his agenda: to claim his bride, and to find and deal with his enemy.

If dreams could come true, Quinn and Jane can have a wonderful future together. Little did they know...

Jane, Quinn and his siblings plow ahead towards an uncertain future. Adjustments must be made. For one thing, as much as their they shared a powerful chemistry from the outset, Jane’s past was quite painful and this most certainly affects any possible chance of happiness she may have with Quinn. On the other hand, Quinn quickly develops powerful feelings for Jane, but his drive for vengeance may cause their undoing.

What made My One and Only Duke work so well for me was the many layers. While there was most certainly romance with deep emotion, there was also mystery, drama and the wonderful historical setting. There was also the incredible shock of the near-hanging. The character development was done quite well, laying the groundwork for future books in the series.

This is the first book in the Rogues to Riches series. The next book is When a Duchess Says I Do, expected publication in April, 2019, which is Duncan Wentworth’s story.

Included in the print version of the book is Once Upon a Christmas Eve, a novella by Elizabeth Hoyt, which I will review separately.

Many thanks to Forever for this ARC to review. This is my honest opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My One and Only Duke.

October 17, 2018 – Shelved