Sebastian Gebski's Reviews > Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies

Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman

I've started reading this one thanks to some recommendations, but I was more than skeptical - my initial impression was that author tries to "sell" me some wonderful scaling framework, silver-bullet of rapid growth, hype-generating bullshit peptalk conveniently split into few non-specific rules. This impression lasted until 15%-20% of the book. Fortunately, I've prevailed & read further ...

... and now I can confirm that there's actually a lot of valuable content in these pages. A lot of good points regarding various profiles of people (& where they fit), archetypes of culture, conditions when rapid scaling may be beneficial (or not), roles of managers & executives, importance of network effects, etc. Book is in fact very practical & it clearly feels that it was written by someone who has got the experience "in the trenches".

In the end, maybe it's not a "super-clear, undisputed 5 stars", but surely not less than 4.5. Recommended read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blitzscaling.

October 17, 2018 – Started Reading