Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > White Night

White Night by Jim Butcher

bookshelves: 4-stars, fav-magic-books, fav-urban-fantasy, favorites, library-love

White Night opens around a year after the previous book. Harry and his apprentice Molly are investigating a rash of suspicious murders. Someone of something is killing off those practitioners who barely have any power/magic.

I always feel a little lost when I first start theses books. It has to do with the time in-between when one book ends to when the next one starts. I’m reading one a month, but each book has like a year difference in them and so, I feel like I’m miss something like maybe a novella or short story that I needed to read, but once I get into the book I’m all in until the bitter end.

I really enjoy these books. Harry, I like the balance of dark and light within him. It feels real. We all have light and dark in ourselves and each day is a battle to keep them balanced. I also really enjoy the secondary characters; like Murphy, Thomas, Johnny Marcone, Ramirez, and others. They bring with them some fun, interesting, and enjoyable moments.

I was pleasantly happy to see Johnny Marcone, Chicago’s notorious underworld boss return. He’s a dark character, but he’s also a good man. We finally learn who the mystery girl is that Johnny is hiding away and taking care of. Murphy and Thomas where amazingly awesome in this installment. Murphy is one of my favorite characters and I wish Harry and Murphy would get together, but they are just friends, but I keep hoping. Thomas has some secrets in this installment and one that was a fun moment to read when Harry found out. Molly, well she got on my nerves with her complete disregard for her actions and how they impact others. I get she’s young and learning, but still. The only character I didn’t like seeing was Harry’s teenage girlfriend who comes back. I don’t know. It probably has to do with me wanting Harry and Murphy together.

The Dresden Files are always packed full of action, mystery, and suspense. The different storylines all work well together and seeing Harry constantly struggle with morals, a fallen angel, and more intrigues me.

White Night had a lot to offer and I can’t wait to discover what nonsense Harry finds himself in next.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Night.

October 17, 2018 – Shelved
November 20, 2018 – Shelved as: fav-magic-books
November 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-stars
November 20, 2018 – Shelved as: library-love
November 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Angela!!😉💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Angela!!😉💖"

Thank you 🙂.