Dem's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh

liked it
bookshelves: thriller-crime

An entertaining and fast paced crime novel but you need to seriously suspend disbelief when reading this one.

The celebrity murder trial of the century, Hollywood’s biggest star Robert Solomon is charged with murdering his wife and all the evidence points to Robert’s guilt, but as the trial begins a series of sinister incidents in the court room start to raise doubts in the mind of lawyer Eddie Flynn.

. The Serial Killer isn’t on trial. He’s on the Jury.

I was intrigued by the above line and really wanted to read this Novel. The story is fast paced and the characters well drawn and I liked the main Protagonist Eddie Flynn, I enjoyed the court room drama but the plot line is very quite far fetched and unbelievable and this did affect my rating of the book.

I listened to this one on Audible and the narration was good.

An entertaining read but not one for my favourites shelf and I doubt I will remember it a year from now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.

October 17, 2018 – Shelved
August 2, 2019 – Started Reading
August 5, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Good review, Dem. Lately I seem to have a hard time dispensing belief.

message 2: by Dem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dem Thanks Diane. Yes, I wish I found it easier too 😊.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan That line is intriguing! Good review, Dem. It being #4 in a series I assumed worked okay for you?

message 4: by Dem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dem Thanks Lisa. Yes it did Read as stand alone, and to be honest not inspired to read the others. But it passed a few hours. 🤗

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan Dem wrote: "Thanks Lisa. Yes it did Read as stand alone, and to be honest not inspired to read the others. But it passed a few hours. 🤗"

Dem, Good to know. It is a fascinating premise.

Susan Johnson I agree. I had to suspend a lot of belief.

message 7: by Dem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dem Thanks Susan

message 8: by Elyse (new)

Elyse  Walters Totally agree... that quote is very intriguing... and I’m reminded by how much zoo enjoyed the book called “The Body of Questions”... and how much I enjoyed - period a good courtroom drama.
Did you read the authors first two books? Wondering if those are good as Audiobooks too?
Thanks... I think I’d like to try this author/ series sometime too. Ha.. so many books! Lol
📚💕

Sinéad I totally agree with you Dem. An entertaining holiday read but too far fetched to be taken really seriously.

Sumit RK Have this on my TBR. Nice review, Dem!