Sarah's Reviews > The Spy's Love Song

The Spy's Love Song by Kim Fielding

I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a cracking romantic adventure that kept me riveted and made me happy. True - the story is a completely implausible flight of fancy but Jaxon captured my heart in the first chapter and I couldn’t put his book down.

When rockstar Jaxon is invited by the State Department to visit a tiny dictatorship as a goodwill gesture, he finds himself accompanied by Reid, a sexy secret agent posing as his assistant. Vasnytsia seems to be a cross between North Korea and Chechnya and Reid and Jaxon quickly find themselves in more trouble than they anticipated.

Nothing about this story is plausible - but I loved every moment. Some of the descriptions of the country and the food will be familiar to anyone who has travelled in former Soviet bloc countries but the rest is gold dust from Kim Fielding’s unrivalled imagination. Reid and Jaxon’s love/hate relationship is good fun and chemistry crackles between them. Jaxon’s journey from bored, spoiled rockstar to revolutionary martyr is highly entertaining.

This book pulled me out of a bit of a reading funk and I loved it. It reads like a self aware Clive Cussler novel - or maybe Dirk Pitt meets Austin Powers? Anyways. A great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spy's Love Song.

October 17, 2018 – Started Reading